The moment we all waited for is here.the first lunch of 2019.with Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 killing it with a wonderful device in a price tag of less then N60,000 ($150) comes with a 48mp camera and 6GB of Ram.
Well it still a chock to me how this company made all this possible and at the same time made it affordable with all the specifications on the Redmi note 7.even with the fact that there the first top brand to release a phone that year,I believe they will give other OEMs a different view for their money.
Sometime last year Lin Bin, xiaomi president released a teaser of an upcoming phone with a 48- magapixel camera,and today the company had revealed it in it’s full glory.the device turn out to be the Redmi brand device dubbed the Redmi Note 7
Redmi Note 7 Design
The Redmi Note 7 has 6.3-inch 19.5:9 1080p screen with a circular display notch similar to the one on Andy Rubin’s Essential phone, back panel with a colorful gradients,a fingerprint sensor mounted on the rear accompanied by a set of dual cameras- one which uses that most coveted 48-megapixel imahe sensor and an F/1.8 lens, the other has 5 megapixel for depth information
This device can take photos with its 48 million tiny 0.8- micron pixels in good lighting conditions or combine it’s neighboring pixels for what is claimed to be equivalent of a 12- megapixel picture taken with larger 1.6- micron pixels. Let me not bore you with the details.just remember that hardware is the major part of the technology behind phone cameras,ite also contain 13- megapixel selfie camera.
Performance and storage
Under the hood you have a snapdragon 660 processor accompanied by a 4,000 mAh battery to keep everything on.
There’s also USB-C charging with support for quick charge 4, and of course our classic 3.5mm headphone jack.
The GPU is also great and there are 4GB/6GB RAM variants of the device.
The Redmi Note 7 costs around $150 (N54,000) for a model with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage, rising to $200 (N70,000) for 6GB/64GB.
The Redmi Note 7 will be available in China first so our Chinese Correspondent should get a good look at it and I would let you all know his findings. It should get to Nigeria in a couple of weeks.
Redmi Note 7 specification
- Networks – GSM / HSPA / LTE
- SIM – Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display – IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors (6.3′ , Corning Gorilla Glass 5)
- OS – Android 9.0 Pie + MiUI 10
- Processor – Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660
- CPU – Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260)
- GPU – Adreno 512
- Memory – microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot), Internal 64 GB, 4/6 GB RAM or 32 GB, 3 GB RAM
- Rear Camera – Dual 48 MP & 5 MP, (Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama) + Video : 1080p@30/60/120fps, (gyro-EIS)
- Selfie Camera – Single 13 MP(HDR ) Video – 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker – Yes
- 3.5mm jack – Yes -(Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic)
- Bluetooth – 5.0
- USB -2.0 (Type C )
- Sensors – Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery – Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery with Quick Charge 4 Support